7/21/2010

MET6203 Computer Applications for Education assignment2

The teacher in the computer workshop for teachers in Taiwan taught us to use Excel to manage the detail of students, so I am not familiar with the software of Database, such as Access.I seldom creat a new Database to deal with the information about my students in my class. As the result I did not teach my students the way of using Database.However the function of Excel is not so good in deal with the data of students.I always need to spend a lot of time to type in the data of my students and paste them in different forms to fit the need of every division at school.

Recently the local government entrusted the computer engineers to design and supervise the school administrative system in Hsin-chu County. They use Database to manage a large number of school documents. I just need to type in the correct information in every file.It will be easier for teachers and we will waste less time in it.

I am used to using Excel to make the address book for my class, work up the record of students and calculate student’s score.I aslo use Excel to calculate a large costs in the seven classes field trip.My students use Excel to make homework sheet.

After the class in LTU, I know something more about Database and Spreadsheets. I think it is useful and convenient.I will try hard to learn it and use it to make my teaching life more efficient.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Eva:
    Thank you! Your remind me the use of database by our government...They do store a lot of information about teachers and hold the balance of our retirement pay...
    Calli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hsinchu is a very techonological city. Database and spreadsheet both are the efficient tools to manage the student's presentation in many aspects. I used excel to record my students' data, too. But now I change to use database supported by government. On the other hand, spreadsheet is more simple for calculate and compile statistic. Maybe we can exchange our experience to find much more fuction in both softwares.

    Mei

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei,I agree with you. After Teacher Stacey introduced Database and taught us by doing step by step in class,I have known more fuction about Database.Thank you. :) EVa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear eva,
    Both Database and Spreadsheeds are useful and helpful for a teacher to manage the class. I really like the way that teacher taugh us step by step. I also leared more about BS and SS.
    I think we all learned a lot from these lessons .

    ReplyDelete