8/03/2010

Computer Applications for Education assignment3

I like MultiMedia, because it is funny and interesting. I will be attracted deeply by the visualized pictures and be able to concentrate easily on the learning topic, even though I have not enough prior knowledge on that topic. Therefore, I think it might be the same experiences of students when they are learning.

I use Powerpoint when I am telling a story for my students. I like to show the photos of plants and insects that I surfed from Internet web sites or that I took by my digital camera when I am teaching nature science. I also show the maps and the related pictures that I surfed from Internet web sites or that I took by my digital camera before my students go to the field trip with me. After the field trip, I will show the photos that I have taken for my students in my class website. Then my students can share every happy moment with the other classmates and their parents. I also use video, audio for a mini-class or warmth up in my classroom when I am teaching the course of art, language, social studies and so on. I also use a web site that is established by Ministry of Education to help weak students learn how to write Chinese characters well. I think the use of audio-visual aids and computers is very important for efficient teaching and wonderful learning at school. My students learn better when I use Multimedia in my classroom.

Although it costs money and spends time to use MultiMedia, techno
logy application in education will still be a trend. There is no equipment of Smartboard for each classroom in my school, but the companies of text books solve this problem. They cooperate with technological company to design a virtual software that will help us to use Smartboard Software cheaply.

I like to record my class daily life by digital camera and share with my students. Every time we see the photos in my class websites together, they will laugh, point to the photo and say ”Look, that’s me.” It is the happiest time for me to share laughter with them. I hope I can learn something more about Multimedia and the skill to make video to record my students’ happy learning time.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Eva,
    I like to record my daily life by digital camrea, too. When I go aboard, I always take a lot of pictures for teaching. I can teach the students about the real scenery I hav visited by a video projector. It seems more interesting for students.

    Mei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mei:
    You collect real scenery here, so do I. :)
    I took photos by my digital camera.I hope I can share every wonderful moment in MI to my students. Through my eyes and my photos, they can see what I have seen here and know this place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Eva:
    The course is full of surprises.
    Your students are very happy can receive the love and fun.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my pleasure to be a teacher.Although I will get older and older, I still want to be a good teacher.That's why I come here to learn. Technology can help me overcome the pressure of age and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Eva:
    Using multimedia to show maps and pictures before your field trip is a good idea. I am also interested in the web site address of MOE that you use to help students learn. Could you please tell me the address? Thanks a lot!
    Calli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,Calli:
    I am glad to share the MOE adress with you ,because it is really easy and great to teach students or your own child. I have some students they are not so good at remember Chinese character.After I use this interactive game designed for learning Chinese character with them, they can learn it better and get the happiness of learning.After you write down a correct word in the web, the voice from it will say "good job" to encourage you.It's fun.
    This is the adress: http://stroke-order.learningweb.moe.edu.tw/character.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Calli:
    I forgot to say that.
    By the way, what you need to do it key in the word by Chinese Phonics. It is very easy to use.
    :)

    ReplyDelete